[dokuwiki-i18n] Welcome

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:27:28 +0200

Hi everybody!

Welcome everybody and thanks for joining the list.

The next release is on the doorsteps and I like to get the translations
as complete as possible before.

Please have a look at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/langcheck.php to see
whats missing from your language.

If you are still using the latest official release I recommend to
download one of the recent snapshots from
http://dev.splitbrain.org/browse/snapshots/ for uptodate language files.

There are a few things I'd like to point out:

The new search uses an indexer which uses a stopword file. This is a
file containing common words which should never be indexed. It is
located in the language folder and is called stopwords.txt - This list
has to be created specially for your language and not translated from
the english one.

There are also a few files that should be changed to reflect some
changes in DokuWiki's behaviour:

In searchpage.txt and newpage.txt the text should mention the correct
button text to create a new page (This changed from "Edit this page" to
"Create this page")

In the backlinks.txt file the paragraph about it not working with
CamelCase should be removed (it does work with CamelCase now).

Thanks for your help!

Andi

PS: I know this should be a low traffic list but I think it would be
nice if everybody could send a short mail to the list about her- or
himself and which languages (s)he speaks/translates.

PPS: If you can't get enough of translating, have a look at the
Pluginpage (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:plugins) some of the Plugins
are waiting for translation as well.