[dmros] The idea behind the instagram photos

  • From: Lawrence Finn <lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:43:57 +1100

Hi Greg,

Hope you don't mind but I've sent this back to the list because the idea needs dissemination...

We don't actually want a photo of you as such (event tho you are very good looking), what we want is the studio, the surrounds and you actually working in the studio (the idea is to seduce people with how cool, glamorous and interesting the life of an artist is; we know of course that it is a dodgy BS lifestyle choice but this is how to sell the idea of "visiting" to people who don't know that it is a dodgy poverty inducing lifestyle).

Also we want you to list various things that are local to you which are of interest to visitors, in the case of Emma Jimson, she told me about Granite Hills winery and Cloud 9 farm. Both of which make the drive from Melbourne a lot more bearable and worthwhile. Emma also told me a bit about her previous life and i will write a blurb incorporating that into the profile, think of it as a little article which we can then send to the local rags to use as a filler page on the arts...

It's all very well putting another selfie up but unless it is a fascinator we're better off letting people know what else is around us which might be of interest if they are coming out to see us. For instance, I'll be putting a reference to Chaplins, Frogmore Gardens and the zen Buddhist retreat that are nearby on my profile while mentioning the lolling hills and touring roads of central vic...

We've been very good at letting Jill do all that but Jills' not here right now so lets get into the swing of generating our own buzz...

:-P

On 16/02/2018 1:54 PM, Greg Mallyon wrote:

Hi Lawrence will get joseph to take a photo of me and email it to you
Cheers greg

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 at 1:26 pm, Lawrence Finn <lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Based on the feedback I've received I've put together a schedule of
    sorts for photos for instagram...

    Tues 20th Feb
    8, 2, 14, 19 Daylesford area

    Wed 21 Feb
    4, 7, 16, (11 has been done)

    Wed 28 Woodend/Macedon
    1, 6, 17, 21, 12, 15 also Gisborne 20, 3

    I'm frantically prepping for lost trades and a show at Bress so if
    you can't make the dates you might need to do the photos with a
    friend and email them to me... lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Steph, just let me know a time that suits you and we can work out
    something...

    I don't have enough petrol to do more than one run in each area and
    even that's a bit touch and go...

    As ever donations are welcome ;-P

    Regards

    Lawrence

    PS key to the names/numbers above is attached as a jpg file...

    HipCat Printery
    ABN:15 840 836 620
    564 Blackwood Road
    Newbury Vic 3458