[diybiospace] Acrylic

  • From: Ian McFarlane <ianmcfarlane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tobey Wenzel" <tw347@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:41:40 +0100

Hi Tobey,

I am looking at getting some plastics ordered. Have you seen the tolerances
on the acrylic sheets, +/-12% at best to +/- 30% at 2mm? Yikes! Now we can
see why the tanks are made using butt joints.

Vis supplier you have EDP plastics down, is that because they are on the
University Purchasing system or because their name is on the wall next to
the lasercutters? I have been told that they are expensive. Kitronic appears
to be where Makespace people are sourcing from. Are the on the Uni PS? EDP
supply sheets in 2x3m so I'll see if they cut them down otherwise we'll have
to do it.

I'll put more details on the OneNote (tell me you've looked at it now. J)

Best,

Ian Mc