[discuss-fsugtsr] Re: [smc-discuss] Bye bye to Oracle's Openoffice . Libre Office Launched .

  • From: Santhosh Thottingal <santhosh.thottingal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Discussion list of Swathanthra Malayalam Computing <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:13:39 +0530

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Anivar Aravind
<anivar.aravind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Read More at
> http://techrights.org/2010/09/28/document-foundation-and-libreoffice/
>
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/
>
> Anivar

ഇതിന്റെ കൂടെ ചേര്‍ത്തു വായിക്കേണ്ട ഒരു ലേഖനം :

Are We Entering the Golden Age of Forks?
http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/open-enterprise/2010/09/are-we-entering-the-golden-age-of-forks/index.htm
[...]
"So what's going on - why the sudden flood of forks? I think this
indicates that we are entering a new phase in open source, and that
the multi-year honeymoon for companies seeking to make money from free
software is over.

Of course, making money from free software is perfectly legitimate, as
Richard Stallman has emphasised many times. But that does not mean
that such companies do not have responsibilities towards the coders
and communities that support them. Moreover, simply abandoning
software projects because they no longer fit into the latest flavour
of corporate strategy is not a good way to win friends in the open
source world. If such projects don't fit with that strategy, the
solution is to help them to become independent, not simply to chuck
them away like old boots."
[....]

-Santhosh