[directmusic] Re: wav tracks, a pain... solutions?

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:17:22 -0600

It depends on whether you have preroll selected or not.  I'm not sure of all
the details, but prerolling can cause a lot of of memory to be used.  Make
sure your waves are set to stream too.

I'm afraid the wavs can get out of sync too, but am not sure.  Causing a
glitch shouldn't be all that hard.  Launch something intense while playing
your music, like disk defrag, change screen resoltions.

Oh, another sure fire way to mess up things is to stop the app in a debugger
for a moment.

You can get a process' ID # from Task manager and then launch ntsd on that
app from a command window (run/cmd). If you don't see PIDs go to view/select
columns.

So basically:

C:\ntsd -p 1528

(use your own process ID)

after ntsd stops your program type g in the ntsd window and press enter to
continue.  If it is going to stay in sync it will, if not you should hear
the resulting mess.

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com