[directmusic] seeking directmusic solution

  • From: <tylerw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:25:26 -0700 (MST)

I am an interactive web developer looking for a solution using DirectMusic.
 Our web studio has developed an advanced online application for music
display and playback.  It currently displays music notation, transposes,
allows user to transpose, change tempo and change volumes for individual
instruments. As far as display it is by far the most superior notation
disply online.  The sound should match this quality.  We currently have a
piano sound (recorded MP3's) able to play only 8 notes simultaneously, and
we are looking for a much more efficient (and better sounding) solution.
Proposal:  a DirectMusic application running on a Windows Server would read
in an XML file (MusicXML) and based on realtime user input (tempo, pitch,
volume, etc.) would send an audio stream to that end-user.  We can use Flash
Communication Server for streaming efficiently, but we need an application
that can construct and send  a dynamic audio stream to thousands of
listeners.
Anyone with skills in this area please contact me via email
tylerw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and we can discuss the projet in more detail.

thanks, Tyler