[directmusic] Re: looping waves

  • From: "Scott Morgan (Volt)" <a-smorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ciaran Walsh" <ciaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:51:57 -0800

Hey Ciaran, that feature basically makes it so the wave won't get =
retriggered on a loop of the segment.  I think the ideal usage is to =
make the actual wave loop (not the instance in the segment).  Then drop =
the wave into the wave track (the order is important here for some =
reason).  Then, in the wave instance's properties go to the wave tab and =
unlock length.  Now you can set the length to be way longer than the =
*wave file* actually is.  It will loop as long as it hasn't reached the =
duration in the "length" box.  If you set length to be longer than the =
*segment* or the looped section of the segment, it won't get reset, =
it'll just keep looping until it finishes playing.  Kinda weird I =
guess.....but it solves the issue where if you change tempos the wave =
starts looping improperly.  Yeah, that's the point of that feature :) =
tempo changes.  Looks like there's no way to loop it infinitely =
though...

CCing freelists in case it works for me.

Hope that helps!

-Scott Morgan

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.