[directmusic] Re: downloading problems again

  • From: "Todor Fay" <todor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:17:44 -0800

This makes sense. Even though the Unload call is immediate, the freeing
of the wave memory can be asynchronous if anything is still playing. Any
waves that are still in use will wait until they stop before unloading.
This makes for a glitch free performance, but it means that memory can
be lingering in use when you think it is free.

Todor