[directmusic] Re: decreasing latency within DirectMusic Producer...

  • From: "Scott Morgan (Volt)" <a-smorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:26:38 -0800

400 msec eh?  That's really bad, sounds like something weird may be
going on.

Your CPU and OS are fine, I've done a ton of real time recording on my
800Mhz w/W2k at home. Even a 400Mhz machine should do fine.  Have you
adjusted your latency value in the midi options window?

If you are using DX8 check the SuperLowLatency option (midi options
again).  If you are using DX9 you shouldn't need to use SuperLowLatency
engine, just change the latency number in midi options.=20

The only thing that was a show stopper for me driver wise is if you
don't have WDM drivers, but you are using W2k so I'm sure you have WDM
drivers.

Like I said, 400 msec is pretty bad, I've tested a lot of low end cards
with DMusic on machines slower than the one you have and they rarely get
that slow.

-Scott Morgan

rights.