[directmusic] Re: backwards compatibility with xact...

  • From: Kenneth Young <kcmyoung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:29:18 +0000

Wow, blast from the past! :)

Development stopped on DirectMusic as of DirectX 8.1 (I think).

Whilst future versions of DirectX are meant to be backwards compatible with
older versions, I wouldn't count on it.

Any Microsfot people still on here? You might be better off posing your
question to Brian Schmidt or Scott Selfon - I think David Yackley left
Microsoft around the same time development on DM was wrapped up around 4 years
ago.

Cheers,

Kenny
> From: michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [directmusic] backwards compatibility
> with xact...> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:17:17 -0500> To:
> directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Hey Everyone - If this list still exists....> >
> Is Microsoft going to continue to support DirectMusic with the advent > of
> XACT? I have a project that the styles and chord mapping features > might
> really be good for, but I'm unclear about whether DirectMusic > is going to
> be supported in future versions of DirectX. Does anyone > have knowledge of
> this?> > Thanks!> > --Michael Sweet> > >
Feel like a local wherever you go.
http://www.backofmyhand.com