[directmusic] Re: Wierdness

  • From: "Dugan Porter" <duganp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 00:07:17 -0700

Hi Fraser.  Fear not, there are no plans to yank support for DirectMusic
in Windows - applications using it will continue to work, and the
current level of support will continue (documentation, samples, the
authoring tool, and bug fixes where possible for any major
customer-blocking issues).  However, it's also true that currently we
don't have any plans to add new features or enhancements to DirectMusic.
As you said, it does cater to a somewhat niche area, and as such it is a
bit of an anomaly in the Windows API family.  There really isn't
sufficient adoption of DirectMusic in mass market applications like
games for us to justify more investment in it at this point.  So,
unless/until that situation changes - WYSIWYG  ;-)

Dugan Porter - Audio API Dev Lead - Microsoft
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights