[directmusic] Urgent problem... Muting trouble

  • From: "Bjorn Lynne" <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:20:09 -0000

I have written a pretty long secondary segment with it's own melody. When
this secondary segment is playing, I would like to mute all the instruments
in the primary music, except the drums, to prevent the chaos of two melodies
playing on top of each other.

The primary music used pchannels 1-25.

So I have created my secondary segment using pchannels 99-110. And in the
secondary segment, I have added a "mute track" where I put a "mute cross"
across all the 25 first pchannels (except the drums, in order to keep the
drums playing underneath the secondary segment).

But it's not working! Despite my secondary segment containing a mute track
with "mutes" for pchannels 1-25, pchannels 1-25 still keep playing
underneath my secondary segment, causing the dreaded two melodies on top of
each other and a right mess.

Why isn't this working?? Here is a screenshot of my secondary segment:
http://www.lynnemusic.com/temp/mutes.gif

Can somebody explain to me why pchannels 1-25 aren't being mute when I play
this segment??

Thanks in advance

--
Bjorn Lynne - Composer, Producer, Sound Designer
Main music site: www.lynnemusic.com