[directmusic] Understanding Audiopath Creation in Script

  • From: A.Seebeck@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Seebeck)
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:21:06 +0200

Hello,

we are making a game were also sfx is managed by dm. As we have to give each
played sound its own volume, we make it this way right now:
e.g.:
sub playhit
         set ap = Ap_reverb.create
         ap.setvolume vsfx
         dummy.play IsSecondary, ap
end sub

Now the program sometimes generates an error when trying to create the
audiopath. It seems to be dependend on how fast the ap's are created (How
many sounds/segments are started in a time).

As we have thousands of soundeffects starting during a game it would be good
to know
if an ap is destroyed after usage automatically,
and if there is a maximum amount of used ap's

Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas Seebeck