[directmusic] Tracks & segments in real time ?

  • From: "Ziggy" <ziggy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:48:36 +0100

Hello the list.
I'm new on directx, and i'm interested by directmusic cause I'm doing a
midi editor prog.
But after looking it I 'can't see how to pass custom midi message on
tracks and so on make segment for using effects features and the other
stuff....
Tell me if I'm wrong , but the only way to pass datas on tracks and
segment is to load a file , a script or a resource. I need to pass
buffers that my sequencer generated. I can't see any exemples to do
this, Is it possible ?
Is it possible to create my Own "pattern" in real time and use it on a
track ?

For now I'v made my own pattern and track classes, and I'm using DX8
only for port and timer features.
The port give me Midimessage that a record on my pattern buffers , and
create tracks whithe it, next I pulse the messages directly to the out
ports, But I can't use segment and tracks features.....

Your help , tutorials and sample codes are welcome.

Thank you all