[directmusic] Shameless DMusic book plug...

  • From: "Scott Selfon" <scottsel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:10:10 -0700

Just wanted everyone to know that the first book I'm aware of that has a
major DirectMusic focus is finally out - "DirectX 9 Audio Exposed:
Interactive Audio Development". (Also lots of info on DirectSound and
creating interactive audio content in general.) It's got fabulous
contributions from a lot of folks on this list - Jason Booth, Marty
O'Donnell, Jay Weinland, Tobin Buttram, Bjorn Lynne, Scott Morgan,
Ciaran Walsh, and Guy Whitmore. And Todor Fay wrote the book (hah) on
DirectMusic programming with a huge section of this book. I contributed
a few bits on DirectMusic Producer, content authoring, and DirectX Audio
scripting. And kudos to Todd Fay (no relation to Todor) for pulling the
whole shebang together as the editor.

You can find it up on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556222882/qid%3D1063918001/sr%3D
11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-6170900-7299265
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556222882/qid%3D1063918001/sr%3
D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-6170900-7299265>

Or visit the publisher's website:
http://www.wordware.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=wwp
ub&Product_Code=1556222882
<http://www.wordware.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ww
pub&Product_Code=1556222882>

I'd be eager to hear folks' thoughts on the various topics and
philosophies covered in the book. And you can always post any positive
reviews up on Amazon if you like. :-)

-Scott