[directmusic] Re: SetVolume on default

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:05:46 -0700

Right now there is no way to access the default audiopath using DMDemo.
That might be a feature I could add eventually.

In order to set the volume of an audiopath, you need a variable that is that
audiopath.  There are two ways of getting one:

1)  The application(DMDemo) sets one of your variables to be the audiopath.
That is the only way to get to the default audiopath and DMDemo does not not
support this currently.

If DMDemo did support it, you could set the volume and not have to worry
about specifying the audiopath to play on every time.

2)  You can create an audiopath in your script.  You need an audiopath
config(the file you create in DMP).

Then call:

Set audiopath = audiopathconfig.Create

To set the volume use: audiopath.SetVolume

When you call play with this method you do have to specify the audiopath
every time, so:

 Segment.play ,audiopathname

I really wish the terminology was more consistent.  DMP calls an
audiopathconfig and audiopath too much and it gets confused when people get
into advanced topics like this.

One more note,  the SetVolume method on the audiopath uses midi control
messages, so it could screw up your mix.

Do you have more than one audiopath being used?  If not, SetMasterVolume is
much better.

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com