[directmusic] Re: Question about extension measures

  • From: "Scott Morgan (Volt)" <a-smorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:05:11 -0700

There's another trick I've used in the past.  You can set certain notes
to regenerate on chord changes.  If you make the notes extend way past
the last measure and give them the "Don't Cut off" and 'Regenerate on
chord changes" properties they will last beyond the end of the segment
and replay on new chords.  I usually use the pedal point chord play mode
for melodies like that. =20

If you are not using DMusic chords this advice won't work for
you....hmmm unless you pull something funky like using the fixed
playmode for all your parts and use chords to retrigger the notes you
want to resolve.  If you want the notes to retrigger with a different
chord than the one they initially played on, just set those notes to a
different playmode than your default fixed mode.  Anyway, there's
another convoluted solution in there somewhere :)

-Scott Morgan

rights.