[directmusic] Problems copying dls instruments from one collection to another

  • From: "Jeff Gatlin" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:56:39 -0500

I am trying to take a number of dls instruments which have been saved as
individual dls files and combine them into a single dls collection. To do so
I insert the dls files into a common project and create a new dls collection
which will hold all the instruments.

After I copy a dls instrument from the inserted collection then paste it
into the new dls collection which has at least one other instrument in it, I
find that the new copy of the instrument has several of its wave assignments
scrambled, usually choosing the waves of one of the other instruments in the
target collection.

Is there a work around or patch for this problem aside from manually
rebuilding each instrument from scratch?

Jeff Gatlin
Simutronics Corp.