[directmusic] Primary and secondary segments...

  • From: "John Difool" <jdifool@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:52:19 +0100

Hi,

I would like to know what makes a segment the primary segment and what
makes others the secondaries?

The only difference I see is the flag in the PlaysegmentEx
(DMUS_SEGF_SECONDARY or not), is that it?

I am asking this because I want to set the tempo in the primary segment
(default control segment) but what seems to be the primary segment (the
only one I play without the DMUS_SEGF_SECONDARY flag) keeps returning
the error message "the requested track is not contained by the segment"
when I use the Setparam function.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.