[directmusic] Re: PChannels

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 05:18:33 -0600

Probably the CC messages you send take effect in the audiopath so therefore the
effects are seperate when you play on seperate audiopaths.

Here's what the help says about p-channels.
Performance Channels
A performance channel, also called a PChannel, connects a part in a segment to
a playback configuration. The configuration includes the following elements:

  a.. Tools that operate on the data before it reaches the synthesizer.
  b.. Instrument used to synthesize the sound, if it is not a wave.
  c.. Pan and volume settings.
  d.. Audiopath on which the sound plays.
DirectMusic Producer makes available 999 performance channels. Every part in a
segment, including instrument parts and wave parts, is assigned to a
performance channel. Multiple parts can be assigned to a single channel.

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com