[directmusic] Note sustain cuts off after second looping of the sequence

  • From: Abhijit Patait <abhijit_patait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:52:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello All

I am trying to create a simple segment in DirectMusic Producer with following:

   A band track consisting of a custom DLS collection
   A tempo track with default tempo setting of 120 bpm
   A sequence track containing a single note of a custom instrument selected
from my DLS collection

The length of the sequence track is 4 bars with 4 extra (extension) bars. The
sequence consists of only one note over 8 bars, but the segment is set to loop
at 4th bar (I want the sequence to loop at bar 4, but I added 4 extra bars for
the sustain on the note). The selected instrument (and its sounds) has a
significant sustain (the sound sustains over a period more than 4 bars ? about
5 bars).

When the segment plays for the first time, it plays well (the sustain from the
note remains even after the sequence starts looping after bar 4). But from the
second iteration onwards, the note cuts off completely at 4th bar (no sustain)
and the loop starts again (without any sustain from the last iteration). I want
the sustain to remain in the next iteration as well. How do I achieve this? Am
I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Abhijit