[directmusic] Re: Need to know about tracks

  • From: "James Dooley" <jdooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:41:17 -0700

You can add data to a tempo track using IDirectMusicTrack8:SetParam(Ex) =
with GUID_TempoParam and DMUS_TEMPO_PARAM.  See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=3D/library/en-us/direct=
x9_c/directX/htm/guidtempoparam.asp

This only changes the in-memory copy of the tempo track, and not what's =
on the disk.  How can we make this information more discoverable for =
other developers?

To change the data in a sequence track, you need to create an IStream =
that represents the data in the track, query the track for the =
IPersistStream interface and re-load the track.  There is no equivalent =
SetParam(Ex)-like method for sequence tracks.  The stream must start =
with and contain a <seqt> chunk, as described at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=3D/library/en-us/direct=
x9_c/directX/htm/sequencetrackchunk.asp

-james

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.