[directmusic] Introduction and Segment timing question

  • From: "John Difool" <jdifool@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:07:10 +0100

Hi all,

As I'm new to the list I'll do a brief introduction. I'm a electronic
musician working as a computer programmer and I'll would like to try to
develop a audio multitrack player for my personnal use; using Delphi. I
decided to use Direct Music for that.

My first question is about segments.  I have a primary segment playing
looped infinitely and I would like to add a secondary segment, looped
infinitely as well. The thing is, after some time the secondary segment
becomes more and more unsynchronised with the primary, as it's not
exactly the same size.

How can I do to make the secondary segment start to play at the
beginning of the primary segment, knowing that I want it to loop?

I've tried the DMUS_SEGF_SECONDARY | DMUS_SEGF_ALIGN |
DMUS_SEGF_SEGEMENTEND flags without success, the secondary segment does
not play anymore.

I think I've got to set a tempo then I'll be able to decided when I want
to start the secondary segment, is that it?

Anyway, any comment about the logic to have in such a case is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

BTW does anyone know where I could download DX 8 Music producer? It's
not available anymore.