[directmusic] Intro and Containers

  • From: "Paul Stroud" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:12:38 -0000

Hi All,

Newbie to the list and also a little wet behind the ears when it comes to
DMP.  I will therefore be asking a mixture of stupid questions and hopefully
not so stupid questions.

So here comes the first stupid Q - Containers? What are they good for?

It seems like they're a good way to organize your components, but what are
the consequences?

What are the correct ways to use containers?  You see I don't know how an
application uses the DM API,  how it loads, streams or what ever.

Advantages/Disadvantages of Embedding/Referencing?

Cheers or Thanks (as this is an international forum)

Paul