[directmusic] Greetings all! I also have a (newbie) question...

  • From: Paul Godden <paulieg1980@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:48:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hello everybody!
My name's Paul, and I'm a student at De Montfort University, Leicester,
studying Computing and Music Technology. I'm into all kinds of music, ranging
from drum and bass and electroacoustic music, to hardcore punk and metal.
I've been learning C++ for a few months now, and after hours spent online
trying to find a way to play sound files, I finally arrived at DirectX 9. I'm
trying to make a simple step sequencer, but I'm having trouble getting it off
the ground. I've tried to find some relevant source code (any good links?), but
to no avail. I've looked at the samples that come with the SDK, and they seem
like a good staring point. What I'd like to do is extract certain bits from
each of those, for example, take several audiopaths, volume controls, pitch
adjust etc, and hack them together, but I'm not sure how I should go about
this. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be very grateful.
Cheers, Paul

With Yahoo! Mail you can get a bigger mailbox -- choose a size that fits your
needs