[directmusic] GDC DirectMusic Tutorial

  • From: "Scott Selfon" <scottsel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:06:49 -0800

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let everyone that there will be a DirectMusic tutorial
at the Game Developer Conference in San Jose all day on Wednesday, March
5. If you're already going to GDC and don't have a Giga pass, the Audio
Plus Pass gets you into the tutorial, and from my interpretation of the
information on the GDC website, it's only $50 more than the basic Audio
Pass.

As I know we'll have a wide variety of skill levels, I'm hoping to
balance the session between more introductory content (variations,
style-based playback, segment track types, and so on) and more advanced
topics (audiopaths, chordmaps, scripting, self-modifying music, etc.).
If there are particular topics you would like to see addressed, please
send David Yackley (davidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and myself
(scottsel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) an e-mail offline and we'll see what we can do
to fit it in.

Also, it would be great to show as many 'real-world' DirectMusic
examples as we can; David is rounding up content and shipping games for
demos. Please e-mail him at davidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with any suggestions or
content.

I think that about covers it for now. Hope to see many of you in a few
weeks!

-Scott Selfon