[directmusic] Re: Exporting Audio using DirectMusic API

  • From: Abhijit Patait <abhijit_patait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:43:48 -0700 (PDT)

Since I haven't received any response on this, I assume that this is not a
trivial task. However, has someone on this group done anything similar before
(may be without using DirectX/DirectMusic)? If so, what should I look for? I
wandered (literally) through the DirectX documentation on MSDN and elsewhere
but could not find any useful information. All I can guess is I have to use
DirectSound, IDirectSoundBuffer8, IDrectMusicSynth or some combination of the
above.

Any pointers will be greatly useful.

Thank you
Abhijit
Abhijit Patait <abhijit_patait@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With a lot of help from people on this list, I have finally gotten my little
sequencer application to make sounds as I want it to, using custom DLS
instruments.

My next objective is to export the audio as a WAV file from my sequencer
application. I can easily create a MIDI file. But is there an API to access the
samples generated by the synthesizer and save them as WAV file (especially
since the instruments I am using are from custom DLS)?

Thanks again for you help.

Abhijit