[directmusic] Re: Director

  • From: "Ciaran Walsh" <ciaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:52:00 -0000

we're pretty amenable ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: directmusic-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:directmusic-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Paul Stroud
Sent: 28 November 2002 17:45
To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [directmusic] Re: Director

Yes please Ciaran.  It's for a showreel CD-rom; I may just use DMDemo, pack
the related files as a self-extracting.exe, have a link in the Director show
to this exe and have them unpack the DirectMusic demo on the desktop, which
they can then delete.

Having said that, I would like to have some simple stuff running in the
background of the Director show - of course any DLS instruments and waves
would have to be loaded onto the hard drive wouldn't they?.  Any thoughts on
this anyone?  I am assuming it would be to much to expect streaming of a
CD-rom?

Ciaran, your plug-in...   ...not for commercial use.  No chance then in
using it on my own website, which will be promoting me as a composer?  Or is
this OK as the website itself is non-profit?