[directmusic] DMO COM question

  • From: "Andrew Clark" <andrewclarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:15:31 -0500

So, I finally have a working beta version of my low-pass 2 pole resonant
filter DMO.  It works in DMP, I can get its interfaces in code and tweak it
real-time, my audiopaths can reference it and load it, and it works on other
peoples' machines (only tested on XP so far)!  Very soon I'll put it up for
dload so that I can get some feedback (and free testing) from you lot.

But first, a quick question for the DirectX / COM code gurus:

I'd like to distribute LPF_DMO.h with the .dll in order to expose the
interface to DirectMusic programmers.  The DEFINE_GUID macro seems like a
bit of a pain for users though, what with all the Initguid.h and "can only
be initialized once" shenanigans.

Is there any reason why I can't just provide this in my header instead?

const GUID IID_ILPF_DMO =
{ 0xd841b97f, 0x5d83, 0x4d76, { 0x90, 0x13, 0xed, 0x83, 0x4, 0xa, 0xe2, 0xa3
} };

Thanks,
Andrew

http://www.silvershard.com