[directmusic] Re: Ciaran - you mentioned...

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:31:56 -0800

The Autodownload feature Todor is referring to is a C++ method that has
nothing to do with the download checkbox in scripts.  The programmer would
be the person who decides to use AutoDownload, not the composer.  Just so
you know DMDemo does not use Autodownload.  Typically if you are using
scripting there is absolutely no need to use AutoDownload since the script
handles everything either through manual script commands or by loading what
it needs at start (only once).

There are periodic CPU spikes in DMusic playback, but my understanding is
that it is the playback engine waking up every so often and writing new data
to the sound buffer.

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com