[directmusic] Bowlophone: interactive kaleidoscopic music piece/toy/thing using DirectMusic technology

  • From: Matt Sanderson <modgeulator@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:20:15 +1100 (EST)

Hi!
For anyone who may be interested: I just wanted to announce a little music
project/composition I've put together using the DirectMusic/DirectXAudio tools.

The piece is essentially a collaborative jam between the original composer of
the various segments(me), the random choices of the computer and the input of
the listener/player.
The listener presses buttons to alter the music in various ways, interactively
exploring the piece and discovering its possibilities.
I don't really want to give away too many details as discovering what is
happening and how it is working is part of the whole experience.
The music/scripts and DLS samples were put together in DirectMusic Producer and
the simple interface was coded in Visual C++.

Feedback always appreciated.
Cheers.
DOWNLOAD:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~snderson/modgeulator/bowlophone