[directmusic] Re: Allright, now I'm REALLY stumped

  • From: "Todor Fay" <todor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:58:01 -0800

Bjorn,

1) It's not DXDiag. In the control panel, there should be a DirectX icon
for setting DX defaults. However, it doesn't always show up and I'm not
sure why. I had it a month ago, then installed the DX9 beta, then went
back to DX8.1, and the app had gone away. So, I'm running on memory.

2) You did it right.

The debug output is sent to the debug console. What that means is if you
are running in the debugger, it will show up. Otherwise, you need to run
an application that can capture the debug output. I found a really nice
one at http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/debugview.shtml.

Hope this helps,

Todor