[directmusic] Re: Allright, now I'm REALLY stumped

  • From: "James Dooley" <jdooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:50:00 -0800

There's a little bit of fudge factor, where it may work if your total
number of PChannels is less than an even multiple of 16.  If you defined
PChannels 1-4 and 101-104, you'll find that you can successfully
download to PChannels 1-16, but 17 and higher won't work.

FYI, it works fine in DirectMusic Producer because it manually downloads
all opened DLS collections to all ports in the default audiopath.  It
fails in Scott's DMDemo application, because he lets the DirectMusic
performance engine do the downloading.  You can do this manually in
DirectMusic Producer by setting the "Download Status" in the
"MIDI/Performance Options" to "Unload" for all DLS sets, then calling
Segment.DownloadSoundData in a script to download the segment.

-james

rights.