[directmusic] Re: Allright, now I'm REALLY stumped

  • From: "James Dooley" <jdooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:46:53 -0800

This is a bug in DirectMusic.  You do need to add all the intermediate
PChannels to the audiopath to make it work.  Basically, downloading
instruments to a performance with a default audiopath that has "holes"
in its PChannel assignments may not work correctly (it depends on the
size of the "holes" and the total number of PChannels assigned in the
audiopath).  You need to fill in all the "holes" to make the downloads
always work right (this includes holes that start at PChannel 1).  The
reason it worked for me was because I added the instrument to the band
at PChannel 13 (which wasn't used in the main segment).  If I had added
it to PChannel 33 or higher, it would not have worked.

-james

rights.