[DZR] Cool Edit Pro 2.1 forgets CurveEQ settings between sessions using Directixer 2.3

  • From: Kyle Nineff <kylenineff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directixer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:53:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Directixer,

Voxengo CurveEq is a vst plugin that loads a captured spectrum file inti its
memory then while you playback a track listens and calculates new EQ settings
and displays the new adjustments.

The problem is that after successfully obtainig the new EQ settings, saving the
Cool Edit session, closing Cool Edit, then later opening Cool Edit and the
session, the new EQ settings have not been remembered and the EQ resumes its
default settings.

This does not happen in Sonar 2.1 and I'm just trying to get a hand. Possibly
it's a Directixer bug, possibly Cool Edit Pro. What do you think ?

I think a potential workaround in CEP is to save the new EQ settings as a
preset but I would rather be able to click one button, save session, and have
all effect settings saved. That's a lot quicker than running thru each track
and saving effect settings as a preset after each change.

Thank you,
Kylen