[digitalucifer] [...Come The Wolves] Doomed

  • From: sku11fukkr <morpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalucifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:49:55 -0700 (PDT)

<?null
/*
  I was all set to see DOOM on its premiere day. I was getting out of work on time, I had the money, everything was good... Until I saw the name attached to it: The Rock. This ruined everything. I knew right away that this movie would suck and in the end, I didn't go see it. The Rock is a horrible, horrible actor. Once upon a time, I rented The Scorpion King, thinking it would be cool, like The Mummy Returns. If you've seen it, you know as I know that The Scorpion King is one long, cheesy, "professional wrestling," nu-metal video.

  This really gets to me. I have many fond memories drunkenly playing Doom and Doom2, whilst blasting Slayer at 3am. The game is classic, legendary, and seminal. For the movie studio responsible to sully this by assigning the space marine role to a pathetic, so-called actor, such as The Rock, is insulting. I'm very disappointed in ID for allowing this. Why they aren't stock-raving mad, throwing pipe bombs through the movie studio's windows, and rampaging the internet with messages of regret leads me to wonder. I'm not sure just what it leads me to wonder, but my mind is a'wonderin'. Despite that, redemption is possible: look at Marvel.

  Action movies have never been all that good, and a slaughterfest like Doom isn't exactly the pinnacle of story to begin with. Still, I think they could have done much better. Just because Doom doesn't require a whole heck of a lot of story, doesn't mean they need to enhance the annoyance factor by hiring The Rock. I hope that, if ID ever licenses Quake for film production, they are a little more careful. They don't need to be ruining their own legacies with crappy flicks.
*/
?>

--
Posted by sku11fukkr to ...Come The Wolves at 10/28/2005 09:44:00 AM