[digitalucifer] [...Come The Wolves] Abominations of Desolation

  • From: sku11fukkr <morpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalucifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 06:46:23 -0700 (PDT)

 =20   It was 1997... I was in love. This girl's every glance comman= ded my
dedication, which I gave with militant valor. She had suggested one = day
that I check out the band Morbid Angel. I had heard of them before from=
friends in passing, but never really looked to see. That very same day, I =
went to the record store and bought, on cassette, Covenant. From fir= st
listen, I was completely taken by them. I wore that tape into oblivion. =
Later on, I bought Domination on CD (and eventually Covenant on CD).= "Hail
Ceasar! Hail Ceasar! We render unto you, what is still yours!" Words= could
not express the amount of passion I was feeling for every riff ragin= g from
the abyss by Trey, every sound, every word belted out by David, ever= y
single drum impact by Pete, every flesh-ripping noise by Erik... This ban= d
felt like my very blood! I could feel each little sound and noise in my v=
eins as I listened. Never had I felt music so deeply... never!
&= nbsp; A friend of mine then made me a tape with the classic Bless= ed Are
The Sick on one side, and the newly released Formulas Fatal T= o The Flesh
onthe other. 'Blessed...' was more of the same classic mus= ic enticing my
blood to burst from my veins in tribute to those of the anci= ent days.
'Formulas...' on the other hand, was something new entirely. Davi= d Vincent
had parted ways with the crew and, with new vocalist/bassist Stev= e Tucker,
they had found a more evolved sound. It didn't hold up to Cove= nant in my
opinion, but it had an entirely new effect on me. It was bru= tal, to be
sure, but somehow, this new material had a very calming, yet sim=
ultaneouslychaotic effect. I now felt the chaos from a macrocosmic perspec=
tive, as if a spiritual ameoba, chaotic from the inside... in its parts, ye=
t from the outside and as a whole: peaceful. The next two releases, Gate=
ways To Annihilation' and 'Heretic, respectively, had the very same eff=
ect.I missed the days of Vincent, but I approved of this direction.
  Then came the news: Tucker had left! David was back and = they were
touring! I could not pass up seeing my favorite band in their fin= est form!
The show was incredible, of that I will say. I raged across the p= it,
clawing at my own Pazuzu tattoo as they played Lord of All Fevers An= d
Plagues, and pushed forward reaching from the gate as if a demon from= the
pits of the Absu.

  In the time of the last thr= ee releases, I also managed to get my hands
ontheir first album Altars = of Madness, the Laibach Remixes, and the
Abominations of Deso= lation demo re-release. When all is listened to in
order, you see an in= credible evolution... a progression from simple
demonicshredding, to pure = medieval and Roman brutality, to finally, a
godlike force. Morbid Angel is,= without a doubt, the most powerful band I
have ever, and likely will ever = hear.

--
Posted by sku11fukk= r to ...Come The Wolves[1] at 5/2/2005 09:32:00 AM

--- Links ---
   1 3D"http://digitalucifer.net//2005_05_02__col.php#1115040834877=