[DialogJIG] Re: Code for Lesson 2

  • From: Janet_Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dialogjig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:23:11 +1000

Sounds as if you are having a great holiday. Calamine lotion is great for
the rash, codeine for the diarea and valium for the rest.

My presentation went OK - full of errors, which I expected, and everyone
very nicely picked them up for me. I professed to know NOTHING about Java
in the beginning, so hopefully my ignorance was excused. It was like when
you take a training course for a first time, go to explain something, and
suddenly realise you haven't a clue what it means. Fortunately it was all
informal, and Rob  was in the back nodding or shaking his head and pulling
me out of holes!!!

I emphathise with you about recursion!!!! I know what it is, how it works,
when to use it, can explain it really well, but have a complete mental
block about how to write it. It is one of the first things I learnt in
computing, and still go all queasy inside when it is mentioned.  I don't
even know what Complexity Analysis is about, so good luck on that one!

Will say an OM for you on Monday!

Janet

                    "Sam Tevlin"

                    <sam_tevlin@optusnet        To:
<dialogjig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    .com.au>                    cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     [DialogJIG] Re:
Code for Lesson 2
                    dialogjig-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    02/11/2001 10:15 AM

                    Please respond to

                    dialogjig

Looks like last night went well.  I hope you let everyone know that JAVA
SUCKS!!!

I wish I could do this exam now and get it overwith.  I am not nervous at
all really.  Apart from the rash that has come up on my arms, the diarea
(spelt phonetically as I don't know how to spell)and the constant
crankiness, I am just fine.

Anyway, I better get back to it.  Let me know if you can explain to me why
need to know about Recursion and Complexity Analysis because at the moment
really don't think I will ever need to know it beyond this exam.

Have a great day and weekend, send me good luck thoughts on Monday morning
at 8.30am.

Sam