[desert-voice] Re: Hello all

  • From: Daniel Reynolds <danfromps2678@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: desert-voice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:01:10 -0800

Dear Dennis,

  It was great talking to you.   I'll have a chat with Steve and see if
he's amendable to we three having a sit down meeting together.   No agenda,
just sharing some ideas and brainstorming ways to make the CONNECTION POINT
SING a pure and true SONG!!!!!

  If we where to make such a move - could we form a group with the blessing
of Apple and thereby gain access to information, technology, etc...that
would be to the benefit of both OUR GROUP AND APPLE.   I love win-win
negotiations.

  I should have my Mac Book Pro by Mid March and I'm sure you and I can
have some fun times on Mondays playing with it - and sharing stories and
tricks.   I'd love to help the musicially gifted in our midst find a way to
put it to use with other supplementary software and hardware.

 Share what you can about

1) Logic PRO 9

http://www.apple.com/logicpro/

2) MAINSTAGE 2

*http://www.apple.com/logicpro/mainstage/*

--- and the likes.  I know a bit about Garage Band and have a wonderful
book that purports to teach folks with talent and who love making music --
how to put it to first rate use.

3) Making-Muisic-GarageBand-Mixcraft-Book

*
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Music-GarageBand-Mixcraft-Book/dp/1435458702/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1359255195&sr=8-10&keywords=garage+band
*

I bet you, and two or 3 others I've met at Braille could create an
incredible
workshop and perhaps open the world of music to young kids and teenagers
with real potential that only you and others like you can assess.  I'll
surely
talk to David Pinto about us and see what he might be able to do and share
with our group.

4) Cake-Talking .... for instance

*http://www.yesaccessible.com/caketalking.html
*
*
*
*http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/CakeTalkingForSONAR.htm
*

--- and surely the Music Education Network and MENVI would have
lots to share with us.

THERE ARE JUST UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO
HAVE MY MAC BOOK PRO MADE AVAILABLE AS REQUIRED.

I LOVE MUSIC of all kinds and would relish the chance to work and share in
the musically creation and performance process with the likes of you and
the few gifted musicians I've met at Braille.

Keep in touch.  And be sure to visit the Connection Point when you have a
break in classes.  I do believe we have a great deal to talk about.

Daniel

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Dennis Bartlett <dennis.bartlett1@xxxxxxxxx

--
Daniel E Reynolds