[desert-voice] Re: CCB

  • From: "Melissa Roe" <morningsong24@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <desert-voice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:40:19 -0800

Hello,
Every year there is a CCB convention around the end of October, or beginning of
November. We usually try to get a group of people to attend the convention, but
last year’s agenda didn’t have any updated information.
In July, there is usually an ACB convention which is the council of the blind
for all states, and california has its own convention, which in most of the
oppinions of the chapter here, is rediculous. The cost and time to run two
conventions is too great, and it seemed that last year’s convention had nothing
new to bring to the table. The agenda had things that were showcased at the
previous convention, and it was agreed that our chapter would not be going to
the convention. A group of us did attend the convention in 2011, and it was
amazing.
I’m hoping that the convention this year will be better, and even though we do
want a group of us to attend, it might be too financially tight on us. I do
agree, we need to do more and step out  into the community. If anyone wants to
bring more ideas to the table, I’m always open for anything you all want to
hear.
I do agree that we need to be a proactive organization. I’m just hoping for the
positive. Let’s try and move forward, with, or without any help from any other
organizations. If we have partners who are willing to join us, all the more
wonderful. If not, we need to take what we have and make the best of it.
Be well and God Bless,
Melissa Roe.