[ DeLUG ] :: Greetings DeLUG and New Mirror Server

  • From: Zachary Giles <zgiles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:14:06 -0700

Hello fellow DeLUG folks,

My name is Zach. I was recently talking with David H. and he said I
should come over and join the DeLUG group here.
I was president of ASULUG for a couple years, dabbled in the PLUG
group a bit, and now part of a group called HeatSync Labs, as well as
a couple other community things in the Phoenix area.

I would like to announce the opening of a new Mirror Server here in
Phoenix. It's run by my datacenter company Digital Desert (see below
for more info) in cooperation with ASULUG and DeLUG (David H. hooked
me up with you guys). Currently it mirrors the Slackware (including
ISO's) and Ubuntu distro's with more to come later. It's a fairly
decent server with a good solid redundant internet connection
including both a fiber line and microwave link. There's enough room to
grow the repositories for a while. If you have mirror requests, let me
know and we can start mirroring those too.

Check it out at http://mirror.digidesert.net

Digital Desert is a new datacenter company in the Phoenix area. We
focus on high-quality servers and high-security colocation space with
a strong push on both Linux and community. We also sell internet
access both inside the datacenter as well as in phoenix in general
across metro ethernet.  In the next month or so, we are going to be
opening a bunch of new space with lots more 'net access. We will be
moving the mirror there for even better access. That area will also be
open for customers.  Let us know if you're interested in any of these
products, or similar products and we can talk about how we can help
you. Website: http://www.digidesert.net  or  email me off-list  or
email to sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

I look forward to working with DeLUG just like the other groups I have
in the past.

-Zach

--
Zach Giles