[ DeLUG ] :: Fwd: ASULUG Install-Fest on Saturday, October 9th

  • From: David Huerta <huertanix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:14:18 -0700

More info on ASULUG's Installfest:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Monika S <monika.s@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:10:49 -0700
Subject: ASULUG Install-Fest on Saturday, October 9th
To: plug-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ASULUG is having Fall Linux Install-Fest on Saturday, October 9th at
ASU Main campus in Memorial Union. If you would like to help out with
installations, please email me off list at Monika.S@xxxxxxx
This may be a good opportunity if you had an unfinished installation
from the PLUG install-fest, or if you have problems with configuration
after the installation.
/* subliminal message: "you want to help out with installations, you
have an unstoppable urge to volunteer, you will feel guilty if you
won't help out with intallations....cough, cough" */
Read on for more details:

/usr/bin/install_fest -date 10_09_04 -location MU_VentanaBC

We are finalizing preparations for the Fall Linux Install-Fest. All we need
now are volunteers. We will need volunteers in the following areas:

-       Installations (Fedora, Madrake, SUSE, Debian, Gentoo, etc.)
-       Installation CDs with different distributions
-       Advertisement (mailing lists, word of the mouth)
-       Network setup before the install-fest (Friday night/ Saturday morning)
-       Cleanup
-       Spare hardware (network cards, monitors, keyboards, power strips, etc)
-       CD burner, external hard drives for "ehm... I forgot to back
up my data" cases, etc.

We have also reserved a room for playing games. We won't be officially
coordinating a game-fest, but we will provide a couple extra projectors,
tables and power strips. If you would like to bring games or organize a small
LAN party, you are more than welcome to do it.

If you would like to help out or have any suggestions, please email me at
Monika.S@xxxxxxx

I will put up the Install-Fest details on the ASULUG website
http://asulug.asu.edu in a couple of days.

Mark your calendars - Saturday, October 9th, Memorial Union - Ventana BC (ASU
Main Campus)

--
Monika

.dh