[delphizip] Problems with Delphi zip and Win2000

  • From: Dominic Dumée (PS&S) <dominic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:55:06 +0200

I'm having a similar problem as Ivano Luberti with files not being unzipped on
SOME Windows 2000 PCs. On my Win 2000 Pro office PC the app works fine and
unzips everything it should but on a client's PC it doesn't. My client is
logging in as an Administrator so I don't believe it's a security issue. I'm
using the latest version (1.6L Beta). I have similar problems with earlier
versions.

The code in question is trying to unzip a single file that has a directory
attached to it. I set the FSpecArgs to 'data\general.db' and the extraction
base dir is the windows temp folder (obtained via the GetTempPath) funtion. The
ExtrDirNames option is set to false. The only other differences between my
desktop pc and the client is that he's on SP2 while I'm on SP1, and he's using
a laptop while I have a normal desktop PC.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Dominic