[delphizip] Re: Keeping old versions of a file in a zip archive

  • From: Alistair George <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: James Turner <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:01:35 +1300

Hello James,
What  you  say  is correct for the dummy user, but there would be many who would
like  the  advantage of no need to rename, but select the desired version of the
file.  There  must  be  a multitude of users out there especially developers who
would  like to be able to pick from various instances of the same filename based
on date time.

It would be the programmers (zipmaster user) responsibility to ensure that
cautionary messageboxes ensure the user is aware of their responsibility when
unzipping such archives.

I am simply requesting a feature, whether it gets implemented is another case
;-)

The other alternative, which I previously mentioned aligns with your suggestion
below
My earlier:
If  not,  is  there  a way I could get at the filenames and change them prior to
being zipped (same file, but renamed within zipmaster).

Which is essentially the same request as you mentioned below. However, doing it
that way, might also allow the file to be archived without change.
In that case:
JT> is assigned, then it must return, say, a null string to delete the file, '*'
JT> to skip the file, and any other value as the new name -
Any  other  value  could  be  either a different or the same name, which is then
retained but important the construct does not change the filedatetimestamp.
Regards,
Al+