[delphizip] Re: Co-operation between NanoZIP and DelphiZIP

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:19:31 +0100

Hello All,

I also hope not to be too blunt, but I think it is time to have my meaning
out in the open.

I am NOT interested in co-operation with NanoZip, I even don't know it.
I am NOT interested in developing a new unknown zip/unzip structure
that nobody else in the world uses, hence is doomed to disappear.
cfr. all MS attempts to have there own standard.

Some time ago I needed a zip/unzip component, I found TZipBuilder
tested it, had some comments and agreed to so-operate to make it
a as good as possible, co-operating with Russell  who was doing
the same for TZipMaster, all co-ordinated by Eirc.

I like to continue this way on the existing components, and eventually
on a new version of the DLL's, or a new structure for the VCL as was
suggested some months ago and I thought Russell was working on this

Greetings

Roger Aelbrecht
http://web.wanadoo.be/driehoeksw