[delphizip] Apologies to Eric and questions

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:17:55 +1100

I must apologise - I my thoughts on Unzip's match were most uncomplimentary.
I now know why you used recursion, though you seem to have a problem with the
path/name boundary.

Do (should) you allow wildcards in paths?
Should embedded wildcards be allowed
ie should "file*nov20.doc" match "filetry1nov20.doc" but not "filetry1.doc"
(this is how it works at present but is it desirable - nothing else allows it -
in windows at least)

Now for how I think you wanted paths to match (have to lead up to it)
*.* - will match any file/ext on any path
\*.* - will match any file/ext in base dir
sub\*.* - will match any file/ext in any subdir "sub" on any path
ie "two\file.ext" will match "two\file.ext" and "any\two\file.ext"
\sub\*.* - will match any file in "sub" from base ie "\sub"

Checking extensions  (this is how it works now)
string "file.ext1.ext2.ext3"
"*.*" matches
"*.ext3" matches
"*.ext2.ext3" matches
"*.ext1" does not match

please clarify these if you will so I can redo it
- Russell Peters