[dectalk] Re: sliding?

  • From: "PEARCE Martin, Linda, David, Graham, and Blinky Bill" <lpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:43:40 +0800

    Yep, it is possible to make dectalk slide. ind the hertz of the note you
want it to start sliding at, and find the hertz of the note you want to end
the sliding, as per the the table at the bottom of the symbols.txt file. You
then type something like the following, assuming the note in hertz of the
starting pitch is x, the duration of the slide is y, and the pitch of the
final note is z.
       [_<100,x>ah<y,z>
Of course you would replace ah with the phoneme you want. For example, to
produce a prolonged sigh, type:
       [_<100,150>ah<2500,80>

Hope this helps.

Regards,