[dectalk] my next work, a present?

  • From: "Sean Randall." <Shwatscoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dectalk list" <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:46:37 +0100

hi all!
Again, not much happening on this list.
I am, however, thinking of songs to make into  deCtalk phonemics, and then
to put up at the website.
I would like to  incurrage all of you on this list who don't write stuff, to
get on with it!
some things, ok, are time consuming. But the result is a file you can call
your own, something for others to listen to.
On to the subject of this message, then, my next work.

I am about to embark  on a mition to phonemicise the sorting hat's song from
Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
I hope, with my weeks itinarary beeing the last week of school, I will have
time to get  it completed as a vacation present before I leave for the sunny
Refuge of Spane  for  fourteen days On Saturday, July 20.
i'll be on the internet on the thursday before this,
so if you have anything for the site  it'll either have to be in before
then, or after UnlessGraham has time to upload  stuff, (Graham contact me if
you need any upload info again).
The words of the sortingHat's poem are below, and in the book, of course.
Thanks for beeing here, thanks for hereing me? And one more thank you: To
DECtalk!
<!---inserted text--->
A thousand years or more ago,
  When I was newly sewn,
There lived four wizards of renown,
Whose names are still well known:
Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor,
Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,
  Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,
  Shrewd Slytherin, from fin.
    They shared a wish, a hope, a dream,
    They hatched a daring plan
    To educate young sorcerers
    Thus Hogwarts School began.
    Now each of these four founders
    Formed their own house, for each
    Did value different virtues
    In the ones they had to teach.
    By Gryffindor, the bravest were
    Prized far beyond the rest;
    For Ravenclaw, the cleverest
    Would always be the best;
    For Hufflepuff,  hard workers were
    Most worthy of admission;
    And power-hungry Slytherin
    Loved those of great ambition.
    While still alive they did divide
    Their favorites from the throng,
    Yet how to pick the worthy ones
    When they were dead and gone?
    'Twas Gryffindor who found the way,
    He whipped me off his head
    The founders put some brains in me
    So I could choose instead!
    Now slip me snug about your ears,
    I've never yet been wrong,
    I'll have a look inside your mind
  And tell where you belong!

Hmm, it is somewhat lengthy.
2 files, perhaps?
what de ya all think?
Sean.

Sean Randall, the Unoficial DECtalk homePage!

subscribe
http://www.shwatscoff.fsworld.co.uk/dectalk.htm