[DECtalk], Wonder why Dectalk sings?

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:26:41 -0400

I've always wondered something which maybe nobody knows.  Probably somebody
does, but they probably aren't on this list.  Why is Dectalk able to sing in
the first place?  I wonder who put that ability there, what purpose it was
intended to serve or if it just seemed like a fun thing to do at the time or
whatever.  Maybe when they were designing the Dectalk system they had some
extra space left on the rom chip and didn't want it to go to waste.  Who
Just a thought.