[DECtalk], Re: test please read this time

  • From: Bear in SFO <bearsfo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 22:28:35 -0800

I feel old - remembering way back when there was only 25 servers and maybe
120 active users - no registration required...  and now you tell me I will
have to register a channel if I wanted to start one?!

Way back when we like to use servers that were ran by government labs -
they almost guarantee to be up all the time, unlike school servers that can
go up and down, and at one point I even ran a server myself.  I doubt they
(the government) keeps their server up anymore...  and too much work to
have your own server these days...